Grom-IPD3 not working

Heya, brought a Grom-ipd3 off ebay a few weeks ago for bmw z4 (not through you guys but through audiopartsonline). got it all in and connected and at first was able to connect to bluetooth fine, didnt have any audio coming out but when phone was rung the mic was sending audio to the phone.

after i unpluged everything to go through it all again once i got it all plugged back in i couldnt see the grom bluetooth anymore, but head unit continued to show grom on the display when we put input to cd.

any ideas?? I have attached photos of the unit as it sits  

ive been installing headunits for a few years in a range of different makes and models of car so insalling this isnt anything new to me but this is the 1st issue ive had in that time

Comments
  • What type of phone do you have and what software version is installed on it?

Lets try resetting the Bluetooth on the unit by following the instructions below, make sure to delete and saved or old pairings on the phone also. If you have an iPhone device also try doing a hard reset by pressing and holding home and lock screen button for 10 seconds to restart the phone.

Please try resetting/clearing GROM Bluetooth dongle memory, as a simple reset has helped solved most Bluetooth issues. 
    It will reset the pairing memory and clear the dongle to original specs.

---
    Bluetooth reset procedure for IPD3 unit:

Dongle should be connected to EXT port on the left (EXT1).

To reset "GROM CAR" Bluetooth: 
    With radio on CD changer/GROM mode, switch to FM mode and back into CD Changer/GROM mode within 2 seconds.
    Wait 1-2 seconds and then press SCAN button on radio (some stereos might be REPEAT button). 
    You should hear 2 beeps from the car speakers (might be low in volume), if your phone was connected to Bluetooth it should disconnect. 
    If you do not hear the beep, please go back to FM mode, then switch back to CD Changer and press SCAN (or REPEAT) 2 to 4 times again within 2 seconds. 
    Hearing the low beep or the phone disconnect will verify that the Bluetooth has been reset.

Wait about 20 seconds, if phone was previously paired to Bluetooth, you have to delete old "GROM CAR" from phone for it to pop up with new PIN code. 
    Delete old the old "GROM CAR" from phone, a new "GROM CAR" should appear after the reset. re-Pair phone with the new "GROM CAR"

If you are unable to reset, please physically disconnect BT dongle from GROM unit.

With radio on, **physically disconnect dongle from GROM unit for about 2-3 seconds**, reconnect dongle to GROM unit, go from FM etc into CD changer / GROM mode, within 3 seconds press SCAN button on radio. 
    You should hear a beep (might be low in volume), if your phone was connected to Bluetooth it should disconnect. 
    If you do not hear the beep, please go back to FM mode, then switch back to CD Changer / GROM mode and press SCAN 2 to 4 times again within 3 seconds. 
    Hearing the low beep or the phone disconnect will verify that the dongle has been reset.

---
  • hi. using iphone 6s with latest software.

have tried all that and no luck. the red led on the grom board just flashes doesn't go solid anymore

• Please double check the BUS wire connection you made.
    The LED light should be on Solid if it is communicating properly with the stereo