Davis Meet Weekend has grown over the years from a simple get together of the Volvo Club of America (VCOA) to a major Northern California event. Established in 1983, the Volvo Club has grown to be the organization in America for Volvo enthusiasts.
We, at GROM Audio, are proud to be a continuing sponsor for this once-a-year event, promoting all things Volvo. Happening from Saturday, April 29th to Sunday, the 30th at Central Park in Davis. The Davis Meet Weekend offers food, fun, and … well … Volvos.
Here is what to expect for participants:
On Saturday, VCOA will be hosting five separate “A-La-Carte” to warm up for Sunday’s big event.
- 8am-10am: Cars & Coffee will be an informal meeting at Roseville Taylor Road Park & Ride where attendees can enjoy coffee and donuts with a side of Volvo to wake up.
- 10am-12pm: Foothill Scenic Drive will happen at Car & Coffee location. This is a to prep and check your Volvo then a scene tour through Folsom Lake.
- 12pm: Lunch at the Spaghetti Factory in Rancho Cordova
- 3pm-4pm: Indoor Electric Kart Racing at K1 Speed in Sacramento
- 2pm-5pm: 6th Annual Pre-Davis BBQ Party happens close to Grocery Stores near K1 Speed. This is an excellent time to wind down from the day and meet some locals and Volvo fanatics.
On Sunday, the meet begins. The gates open at 8am at Central Park, giving everyone plenty of time before the official show that starts at 9am. Participants can enjoy the small town charm of Davis as you review the vintage and premier Volvo show pieces on display. The meet will also feature a swap meet along with an awards presentation at 1:30pm.
This event will include a raffle with some of the prizes, including a free GROM t-shirt and $200 Gift Certificate to GROM Audio’s Store. Winners will have an amazing chance to acquire one of GROM’s car kits and integrate their mobile devices into their car, allowing access through their stereo, or GROM’s new VLine infotainment system, which allows infotainment systems to be integrated into mobile devices for the latest in car apps and online assistance access for drivers.
The event is free for spectators. Car show pre-registration costs $25.00 in advanced and $ 30.00 at the door. Swap Meet pre-registration is $40.00, which includes two parking spaces.
The Meet will be located at Central Park, Davis, CA 95616 – the entrance gate is at the intersection of 3rd Street and C Street.
For more information on Volvo Davis Meet, go to http://davis.sacvolvoclub.org