VLINE VL2 Next generation is available for preorder!

Comments
  • Hi,
    I get the vline vl2 and I have some recomendation . I bought the vline vl2 and i tried it and i rate it 5 from 10 . There are some cons and pros . Cons are :
    1/ too much expensive
    2/ it doesnt give the expected solution .
    3/ about the interface : the buttons like back ,home,music,scroll ... take a large space from the screen ,so if it is possible to give us the choice to show ot or auto hide .
    4/ if i reverce the car i had to set up the screen all over again .
    5/ there are no settings to adjust the screen display and the touch screen setting .
    6/ i recommend to add Aux .
    7/ it gets hot fast .

For pro point it is very fast and it has auto shutdown when i switch the car off .

I really like the device but there are some points to make it better .
    And i really need solution
    Thanx...

• Mike, Thanks for the review with your likes, fears and suggestions. I should have my VL2 shortly, so it helped set my expectation. From what I’ve read elsewhere it is basically a VL1, without the sluggishness. I do hope they can keep the speed and improve on the interface and features going forward.
  • Just wanted to update after some use over time.

I'm happier with the 3rd party app integration, as I'm finding most seem to behave decently, and have found poweramp to be the best for use so far. It starts and stops with the car, and behaves decently with the music integration. Using the buttons or steering wheel doesn't work so well with it, particularly so when the enter button is still broken.

I do find using with Waze, voice traffic queues will turn down the music, and sometimes not turn it back up. This means the audio stays quieted until another audio queue that hopefully fixes it.

Waze is also a bit buggy, and tends to crash oddly whenever I get within a few miles of my destination. Not fun leaving me blind if I really don't know where I'm going.

The UI really needs a time indicator somehwere... Using Poweramp with no native time display, I don't have any idea the time in the car. I can't trust the stupid analog clock in the dash as it's always drifted, and otherwise have to enable the speedometer clock, which is equally painful to setup and keep accurate.

I added some customization in extending the antenna for wifi up the pillar and mounting at the top of the windshield with a surface mount sma connection and extension cable so it connects better to my home wifi further away in my driveway vs being tucked in the glove box. Amazon has the parts, just look for SMA connector extensions, and make sure not RP-SMA!

So far heat hasn't been an issue with it even in the AZ summer, this is excellent as this was an initial fear.

I don't run a lot of persistent apps, but do use my Ring doorbell and my samsung automation with it with decent success

I setup tasker on my phone to turn on wifi once it connects to bluetooth in the car for on-going tethering.

We do need a fix for the navigation buttons however still - any update on this?

The lack of direct phone integration isn't too bad, but I would prefer if the grom would switch the video input upon a call if possible to see call information. I should see if there is an integration to show call data on another local android device since my phone is usually tethered to it anyways with tasker.

All in all, I'm pretty happy, particularly after tuning Poweramp settings some. It has made me actually hate my car far less not having to deal with the stock infinity crap mp3 player, plus it sounds far better since it's able to play flac and better formats as well!

It might be worth seeing if I can shoehorn an amp and some new speakers in my 'vert finally not despising the stock stereo.

Thanks again for making this for us bastard g37 owners Grom!
  • Hello,
    Is it possible to inform us of the new subject amendments that we explained before, because it is necessary for me and very important,
    It saddens me to pay a large amount on this device and do not get the support and the amendments that I ask,
    We are waiting for the release of Android 7.1, which you promised us will be available in September 2018,