VLine VL2 Weak Wifi Signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VLine VL2 Weak Wifi Signal

I have noticed since I purchased the unit the wifi signal is weak. I purchased an antenna to try and extend the wifi but doesn't seem to change it at all. Does anyone know what the range should be?

I have a 2008 GX 470.It is currently have it installed above my dash glove compartment in place where the CD changer used to be. I lose CarPlay connection as soon as the phone gets past the steering wheel. It also isn't able to connect to my wifi router about 15 feet away (may be further and could be a stretch for connection).

Bluetooth tends to have little to no issues.

I would recommend checking that the VLine is fully up to date. Here is how to do that:
    1. Connect to WiFi (Settings -> Network & Internet -> WiFi)
    2. Check For Updates (Settings -> System -> VLine System Updates -> Check For Updates

If the VLine is fully updated and still exhibiting the same WiFi strength issue, I'd recommend opening the enclosure on the VLine and sending us a photo of the inside. In some cases the Antenna Base (where the antenna screws onto) can come loose and start spinning internally instead of tightening the antenna. I've seen a few rare cases where the wire spun so much that it eventually broke from someone trying to tighten it. It's possible this has happened if the Antenna just spins and never tightens fully.

Thanks,
    Heath
    GROM Audio

Comment

Working...
    X