• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Acura RDX reverse wire

Click image for larger version

Name:	0984EBB5-DA5D-40BE-8406-55F095407887.jpeg
Views:	511
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	129I just got my Vline VL2 installed but the reverse wire isn’t clear- do you happen to have a picture of what wire I’m supposed to splice into? None of the diagrams fit the actual wire on the device. The 28 pin harness has a white wire for pin 20- the 24 pin description has a light blue wire. Both seem thin and not correct.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2132F741-6AC5-4FF2-A64B-182CE6FFE3C6.jpeg
Views:	559
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	128
    Last edited by qakewalk; 07-07-2021, 08:50 AM.

What does the plug at the display look like and how many pins does it have? Seems like you might need to get the reverse signal from there.
    If it's a 32 pin, attached is a photo of the plug pinout. You will need to tag it to pin 20. Pin 20 should be a Grey Wire in between 2 other grey wires (Pin 19 and Pin 21).

Comment

Unfortunately, I didn’t access the display at all- the 2015 RDX only has one display on the dashboard. The middle portion only has an LCD readout for a few items.
      it does have a 32 or 36 pin harness though. I’ll take a look and see if three gray wires at 19-20. Is the reverse wire thicker than other wires by chance?

Comment

While looking at the diagram online, I could only find 1 REV wire by the radio. It was behind the top display on that pin 20 as mentioned above. I also traced it back to a 16 pin behind the radio if you see that one. It is Pin 15 on that 16 Pin Connection and it's a Grey Wire. It would be in between an empty pin slot and a pink wire.
        The REV wire is typically the same size as the other wires. Not a thick or small gauge, they are typically the same size as the standard wires in the harness.

Please note that if you start tagging random wires behind the radio based on color, you run the chance of damaging the VLine or the radio.
        I would recommend pulling the display and tagging Pin 20 or looking for that 16 Pin Connection and tagging Pin 15. If you want to test other wires behind the radio, I would recommend buying a simple multimeter and testing that Reverse = 12V DC and Park = 0V DC.

Comment

Thanks for the input- I'll take a look again and see. I do have a multimeter but none of the pins from the 2 PDFs (honv3 and honv2) were showing 12V.

Comment

In your case the REV wire might be only at the display connector. Let us know if you need help with the pinout for that plug so you can hook up the REV wire to it.

Comment

After testing all pins with a multimeter, it wasn't any of the above or either of the 2 diagramed PDFs that were sent over. I did finally figured out the reverse wire- But you need to let the system load completely if you are cold starting, or else you will see double images. Anyone looking to install this system on your own- make sure you know what you are doing before installing as GROM support will not respond quickly to any posts/requests. And most likely, the information that is provided that you'll be relying on will not be correct. Good luck on your install-

Comment

Thank you for the update, and the feedback. When you are saying double images, what do you mean by that? When exactly do you see double images?

Our support hours are 9am-5pm CST.

Comment

Originally posted by qakewalk View Post
                  After testing all pins with a multimeter, it wasn't any of the above or either of the 2 diagramed PDFs that were sent over. I did finally figured out the reverse wire- But you need to let the system load completely if you are cold starting, or else you will see double images. Anyone looking to install this system on your own- make sure you know what you are doing before installing as GROM support will not respond quickly to any posts/requests. And most likely, the information that is provided that you'll be relying on will not be correct. Good luck on your install-
                  I followed this tutorial for the installation and got it correct https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrDlJzuqIb8
                  Did you tap in the same wire in the video?
                  Product: HON3VL2 on Acura TLX

Comment

Originally posted by numb3rs View Post

I followed this tutorial for the installation and got it correct https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrDlJzuqIb8
                    Did you tap in the same wire in the video?
                    Nope- The 2015 RDX (at least mine) didn't have that wire.

Comment

Originally posted by qakewalk View Post

Nope- The 2015 RDX (at least mine) didn't have that wire.
                      oh I see. I thought since they share the same head unit it wouldn't be different.
                      Product: HON3VL2 on Acura TLX

Comment

I could only find 1 REV wire by the radio.It was behind the top display on that pin 20 as mentioned above.
                        I also traced it back to a 16 pin behind the radio if you see that one. It is Pin 15 on that 16 Pin Connection and it's a Grey Wire.
                        It would be in between an empty pin slot and a pink wire.

The REV wire is typically the same size as the other wires.Not a thick or small gauge, they are typically the same size as the standard wires in the harness.
                        Please note that if you start tagging random wires behind the radio based on color, you run the chance of damaging the VLine or the radio.
                        I would recommend pulling the display and tagging Pin 20 or looking for that 16 Pin Connection and tagging Pin 15.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                          While looking at the diagram online, I could only find 1 REV wire by the radio. It was behind the top display on that pin 20 as mentioned above. I also traced it back to a 16 pin behind the radio if you see that one. It is Pin 15 on that 16 Pin Connection and it's a Grey Wire. It would be in between an empty pin slot and a pink wire.
                          The REV wire is typically the same size as the other wires. Not a thick or small gauge, they are typically the same size as the standard wires in the harness.

I would recommend pulling the display and tagging Pin 20 or looking for that 16 Pin Connection and tagging Pin 15. If you want to test other wires behind the radio, I would recommend buying a simple multimeter and testing that Reverse = 12V DC and Park = 0V DC.
                          I can confirm that Pin 15 on the 16 Pin connector contained the reverse signal on my 2014 Acura RDX.

Comment

Originally posted by vaccinialsquid View Post

I can confirm that Pin 15 on the 16 Pin connector contained the reverse signal on my 2014 Acura RDX.
                            Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                            X