No announcement yet.

How to tap the reverse wire when installing VLine into Lexus LS 460 2007-2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to tap the reverse wire when installing VLine into Lexus LS 460 2007-2009

When installing VLine VL2 Infotainment system into Lexus LS 460 2007-2009, it is very important to connect to the reverse wire, according to the instructions. Without connecting to the reverse wire, the VLine will not function. Make sure that you create solid P-Tap connection between two wires, and the wires are actually connected.

Check the latest video from GROM Audio technical team:

Let us know if you have any questions. Here is the link to the reverse wire install addendum:
    https://gromaudio.com/docs/vline_man...L_addendum.pdf

On my ‘08 LS I removed the purple signal wire tap and installed a new backup camera feeding into the VL2. The reason for doing that was because of the VERY slow initiation of the factory backup camera when running through the VL2. There was no issue with not having the purple trigger wire tapped into the red reverse wire as you stated here. My new backup camera triggers on the screen quickly and the function of the system as a whole is satisfactory.

Comment

Originally posted by Norman View Post
      On my ‘08 LS I removed the purple signal wire tap and installed a new backup camera feeding into the VL2. The reason for doing that was because of the VERY slow initiation of the factory backup camera when running through the VL2. There was no issue with not having the purple trigger wire tapped into the red reverse wire as you stated here. My new backup camera triggers on the screen quickly and the function of the system as a whole is satisfactory.
      Thank you for sharing it!

Comment

Working...
      X