Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video output dim, garbled audio, wireless apple carplay skips, silent and garbled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video output dim, garbled audio, wireless apple carplay skips, silent and garbled

I tried to submit this through your support page but it just errors out with "cannot send message". I then tried to create a ticket through your tech support portal and it gives me a 404 error message. I tried sending a general inquiry and also received a message that "the message cannot be sent". I then sent an email to [email address removed], just guessing that this email actually goes to support as I don't see any email addresses on your website. I looked for a phone number and also couldn't find one. So I'm posting to this forum hoping to get help with this product I just purchased from you.

I purchased your VLite VT2 product last week, order number 150959

I just installed the unit today, it went smoothly, booted it up and it worked well. After using the vehicle today I noticed about half the time when the grom display is active, the screen is super dim and hard to read. Factory screens are nice and bright but switching to the grom display by pressing the DISC button is super dim. I have to turn the car off, then on, and usually that fixes it.

Also when using wireless apple carplay it will skip audio, sometimes go silent, be garbled, and have connection issues. The unit is in the glove compartment with the antenna up and the phone is close so I don't believe that is the issue. Almost seems like a CPU processing / wireless processing issue. Also as a side note, I have wireless apple carplay in my truck and use it with this same phone with no issues.

Lastly, when I first start using grom after getting in the vehicle, the right speaker audio is garbled for about 4 seconds, then it corrects itself. This does not happen with the FM radio or factory audio stuff.

I'm guessing I have a faulty unit but am open to going through some troubleshooting steps to figure it out.

I haven't received any response to this post or any of my other inquiries to support. Is Grom still in business? Does anyone have an actual phone number for technical support?

Comment

Apologize for the delayed answer. For the display, adjust the display brightness while in VLine mode. Simply use the DISPLAY button while your stereo is in the VLine mode, and adjust the display brightness and contrast. That should help.

Comment

Yes I tried this. It is most definitely a bug as sometimes when I start the car it's great and other times it's super dim. A restart of the car fixes the issue. Also the brightness settings are the same but the output is clearly different.

Also still have the buggy right speaker output issues. And random disconnect / reconnects with Apple CarPlay. Is the VLite more buggy than the VLine? I really just want it to work without issues and it's always glitching out. I am even ok having to plug in instead of using wireless Apple CarPlay but when I plug my phone into USB1, it does not connect, tried USB2, and it says to use USB1. Tried a different phone, doesn't work either. Both iphones work fine in our other vehicles with CarPlay. So appears to have another bug. What can I do? Do you have a technical support phone number or email address?

Comment

It appears that the technical team is already working with you using our ticket system. Please keep working with them until the resolution, they will help.

Comment

I am also facing same (dim output) issue. Sometimes head unit starts to a black screen (CarPlay still works, music is playing), but to access the CarPlay screen i have to (re)select "Audio" with a button. And picture looks like it's at 30-50 percent brightness, while other (stock) head unit screens are perfectly fine and bright
            Switching the ignition off and back on does nothing
            The car is GS Lexus 2001
            Is there available solution?

Comment

Originally posted by kaws View Post
              I am also facing same (dim output) issue. Sometimes head unit starts to a black screen (CarPlay still works, music is playing), but to access the CarPlay screen i have to (re)select "Audio" with a button. And picture looks like it's at 30-50 percent brightness, while other (stock) head unit screens are perfectly fine and bright
              Switching the ignition off and back on does nothing
              The car is GS Lexus 2001
              Is there available solution?
              1. Make sure you adjust brightness and contrast of the screen for VLine mode. Here is how to:

https://youtu.be/FyYVQ1XXjgI

2. After reverse your stereo might switch back to the factory navigation. This is possible the reason you need to get back to the external CD changer mode again.

Comment

Brightness is set to max on both original screens and VLine, so that's not the case. I even tried putting it down and back up all the way while having the issue.
                I also doubt it has something to do with reverse. This generation GS's never came equipped with backup cameras so I believe the head unit has no idea about the selector position.

Comment

You can contact our technical team at https://gromaudio.com/support.html They will review further. Regarding the reverse - on older Lexus stereos (no matter if there is a backup camera), once you exit reverse, the stereo switches automatically to the factory navigation. It is the standard stereo behavior and looks like what you experience.

Our technical team should be able to help you with adjusting your display settings. They can request the video and review what happens with your specific setup.

Comment

That is very strange actually, I never saw my head unit switching screens on its own. It always remained in “Info” no matter what, even after turning car off (unless I switch it somewhere else, of course).
                    Ticket is already created, thank you
                    I just saw exact problem like mine and was hoping there is a solution already available.

Comment

Working...
                    X