OEM head unit doesn't recognize Grom as source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OEM head unit doesn't recognize Grom as source

I installed a Grom BT3 into a 2002 BMW 3 series and something's wrong - the Grom unit gets power and I can pair to it with my phone. However, when I switch to CD on the BMW Business CD head unit (no DSP, no CD changer), it does not recognize the Grom as a source - it just says No CD and toggles back to FM radio.

I checked all my connections and they're secure and wired according to the instructions. The Grom kit uses three Posi-tap connectors to tap into the wiring harness, and I rewired those three times to make sure I was making the connections properly (we know the power connection is at least correct).

I'm not sure if the issue is the Grom unit itself or the pigtail. I'm not a pro, but I've done about a dozen head units in different cars am fairly confident I wired everything correctly.

The vendor I bought the unit from told me to contact Grom. I emailed Grom last week but did not hear back. I just tried starting a chat, but it told me no agents were available after I waited. This is very frustrating.

You need to make sure the unit itself has the correct firmware installed for BMW. If the firmware is incorrect it needs to be changed to the one that is specific to BMW vehicles.

If you contacted us via the website contact form https://gromaudio.com/support.html, we already probably replied back to you. Please check your spam folder for our reply.

If you do not see any replies from us, please send us direct message via this forum, and let us know your email address. We will check our ticket system and see if we received any request from you.

Comment

Yes , contact with Grom spport directly

Comment

Working...
      X