Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No longer any audio coming via USB (VOL94U3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No longer any audio coming via USB (VOL94U3)

I bought the GROM USB3 (VOL94U3) and the Bluetooth dongle (GROM-BTD) in April 2022 and have been using them since then. I've always been satisfied so far. Now suddenly it no longer works properly. There is no longer any audio coming via USB. What could that be about? I haven't changed anything. I can listen to music via Bluetooth, but when I switch to USB there is a short announcement "AUX". However, no sound can be heard. The sound quality is significantly better over USB, which is why I prefer it. By the way, I have an iPhone 14 Pro and an iPhone 6s. Both devices always worked. Unfortunately not anymore.

We recommend changing the iPhone USB cable to see if that will help. Use an authentic USB to iPhone cable.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
      We recommend changing the iPhone USB cable to see if that will help. Use an authentic USB to iPhone cable.
      I tried using an original Apple cable, but it still doesn't work.

Comment

If the stereo says "AUX", your unit is in the AUX mode. You can switch the mode to USB - the stereo should announce "USB", and then it will be the USB mode of GROM. To do so, press FM --> CD (back to GROM) and then NEXT TRACK button until the stereo says "USB".

Here is how to: https://gromaudio.com/installs/how-t...emulation.html

If that will not help, you can also disconnect the unit from the cable that goes to the back of the stereo and let it "sit" for 10 minutes. Then reconnect it back, and cycle the vehicle's ignition. Enter the GROM mode of your stereo and try to switch the mode to "USB" as described above.

Comment

THANK YOU! That's it! Problem solved

Comment

Working...
          X