Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VLine VL2 Power Consumption

Power consumption notes
    VLine is designed to work as fast as possible after you start the vehicle, at the same time consuming as little battery as possible. The normal behavior will be as follows:
    1. Within 10-15 minutes after ignition is off, VLine will stay fully up and running, able to process data and installing updates if needed. Most internal LEDs are on.
    2. After 15 minutes VLine will go to sleep, consuming around 28mA, ready to start immediately upon ignition. Only one internal LED will be on.
    3. After 24 hours of inactive ignition VLine will shut down fully, consuming 1-2mA. Ready to work in 20 seconds after ignition is on. No internal LEDs are on.
    For context on power consumption, typical headlights draw around 10A (10000mA)

PLEASE PLEASE give us an option to adjust the “full” sleep mode time. 24 hours of almost 40 mA is too much. At least make it so I can choose like 8/12/24 hours, or just go to full sleep when it goes into the 15 minute sleep or something. I find the green LED inside on is almost a waste of what 20mA to do nothing 99.999% of the time? Can I open the unit and cut that led? I just don’t understand how this thing needs “35 mA” when the entire car draws less than that lol

Comment

We re-did the measurements with all the latest firmware and see around 28mA current on sleep.
      Which technically will draw around 670mAh from the average battery of 80Ah (0.8% capacity).
      We will check if this is possible to add that kind of a switch to allow custom intervals.

Comment

I also would love customisable sleep times (but by opposite reasons )
        I often do not drive my car during weekends, so Monday greets me with the long full boot-up. 72 hours of normal sleep option would be great, 3% of the battery is very close to nothing.

Comment

Working...
        X