• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone Calls initiated in Android Auto create call in MDX "handset" mode

• 2013 Acura MDX
    • Android Auto
    • Phone bluetooth is paired to Vlite for everything except phone calls
    • Phone bluetooth is paired to the MDX handsfree system for phone calls
    When a call is placed using the Android Auto interface, audio from Android Auto pauses and the call is initiated on the MDX bluetooth interface, however it is initiated in in handset mode. I have to navigate to the MDX phone interface and "transfer" the call from handset to bluetooth to use the car mic/audio system to do the call. How do I get this to default to the MDX mic/audio and not handset?

Incoming calls seem to work fine, except that I'm tossed into the MDX phone interface screens for the duration of the call and return to Android Auto after hangup.

The VLine has no influence over the MDX Bluetooth, so I would check your phone settings to see why it is defaulting to the handset mode instead of handsfree. If you do not see any settings that might be influencing it, can you let us know what kind of phone you are using?

If you are stuck in the MDX Bluetooth interface while on a call, you can press and hold the MAP/GUIDE or MENU button by the knob for 3-5 seconds, and then the VLine interface should appear while still on the call.

Thanks,
    Heath
    GROM Audio

Comment

Working...
    X