Our first beta-testing for Lexus vehicles was a huge success, and we are now inviting select Toyota and Scion owners.
Here is what people say:
"I'm enjoying the "web radio" and Waze displayed on the navigation screen."
"Pretty cool how relevant the technology feels in my car once again."
You are a proud Toyota or Scion owner (with Harman Kardon stereo), and love your car; however you want more than what Harman Kardon stereo offers now. You don't mind upgrading and investing into a new exciting car audio infotainment system – to try new technology and bring latest in-car tech to your vehicle. You reside within 50 miles from Belmont, CA 94002 and do not mind to visit our R&D Garage. If all of this is true – we need you!
Toyota Harman Kardon Demo
- Hardware unit connected to the back of your stereo
- Provides advanced infotainment options such as access to the music apps, GPS navigation, voice control and other apps on the go
- Utilizes existing Toyota Harman Kardon dashboard screen and transforms it to a modern infotainment system
- Web Radio
- Google Music
- Local (USB stick or VLine) Music
- Waze and Google Maps
- Voice search for navigation
Qualifications for BETA tester
Select Toyota/Scion owners with stereos with 6.1" with APPS button, and who live within a 50-mile radius from Belmont, California 94002.
Compatible Scion models:
- FR-S 2014-2015
- tC 2014-2015
- xB 2014-2015
- xD 2014
- iQ 2014
Compatible Toyota Prius models (with the following stereo part numbers):
- Prius with (86140-47060) 2012-2015
- Prius C with (86140-52110) 2012-2015
- Prius V with (86140-47020) 2012-2015
- xD 2014
- iQ 2014
Other Compatible Toyota models (with the following stereo part numbers):
- Yaris 2015-2017
- Venza with ( 86140-0T130) 2014-2016
- Avalon with (86140-07020) 2013-2015
- Camry with (86140-06021) 2012-2014
- Camry with (86140-06040) 2012-2014
- Highlander with (86140-48150) 2012-2014
- 4Runner with (86140-35050) 2011-2014
- Opportunity to be a part of an awesome in-car technology development
- The first to access the latest in-car technology for your Toyota/Scion
- Free installation of VLINE
- Major discount on the system (should you choose to keep it after testing)
- GSM WiFi modem sold separately
- GROM’s awesome T-Shirt
How it works
Once you are approved and signed up for BETA testing, you will need to visit our Research and Development office in Belmont, CA. We will install VLINE into your car and make sure everything works correctly. You can wait for your install at our office, or you can take our loaner car, and pick up your car later.
Once VLINE is installed, you will need to use it on a daily basis for at least one (1) month as you travel on the road - for a minimum of ten (10) hours. During which time, we will stay connected with you. At the end of the test period (as long as you need), you are required to report back to us by completing short questionaire - providing us with your honest and unique opinion. We are dying to hear from you!
VLINE costs $499 in retail. As a BETA participant you will have the opportunity to get VLine for $199 only and that includes installation. Once the unit is installed, we will place security authorization on your credit card for $199, which will be fully released back to you upon your return of VLINE. If you like VLINE (let's face it, who wouldn't?), the unit yours to keep at no extra costs and with no hidden fees.
Future VLINE add-ons
VLINE is designed to expand according to your needs, it will not be limited to what you will get at the BETA testing. In the future you will be able to:
- Keep tabs on your car’s health with access to OBDII information right from your stereo screen
- Add rear parking cameras
- Install other fun, useful apps to improve your safety and enjoyment while driving
- Integrate Apple CarPlay® into your VLINE system (pending approval)
With VLINE you can access existing features available in latest car models without waiting for your next new car!