How to have WIRED CarPlay and Grom internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to have WIRED CarPlay and Grom internet

How can i make the Vline allow wired only CarPlay , yet have internet access from my phone at the same time. I don’t care about wireless CarPlay. Also, simply pairing Vline and iPhone via Bluetooth seems to cut volume in half every time, so I haven’t been using Bluetooth. I would like to allow CarPlay to work with USB cable, it not have to do a bunch of steps if I switch to the Grom interface and use an app that requires internet. Thanks.

Question 1: How can i make the Vline allow wired only CarPlay , yet have internet access from my phone at the same time.

Answer 1: There are 2 ways to do this:
    1. Turn on your iPhone's WiFi hotspot and connect the VLine to it. This Hotspot will stay active while using Wired CarPlay and the VLine will stay connected to it during Wired CP.
    2. Bluetooth Tethering - You will need to turn this setting on in your IPhone's Hotspot settings. After that, you can check the "Internet Access" box under the VLine's Bluetooth Settings for the iPhone. (Settings -> Connected Devices -> Bluetooth -> (Gear next to your iPhone) -> Check "Internet Access")

Question 2: I don’t care about wireless CarPlay. Also, simply pairing Vline and iPhone via Bluetooth seems to cut volume in half every time, so I haven’t been using Bluetooth.

Answer 2: This seems to be the Bluetooth Volume on the iPhone not being up. There is a separate volume that the iPhone controls for Bluetooth Devices. Simply press the "Volume Up" button on the side of the phone while connected to the VLine, it should pop up on the iPhone's screen showing the current level.

​​​​​​​
    Thanks,
    Heath
    GROM Audio

Comment

Working...
    X