Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electronics flashing and car not starting after install - PLEASE HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronics flashing and car not starting after install - PLEASE HELP!

I just received and installed a GROM VL2 on my 2015 Acura RLX. I followed the instructional video to the letter, and tested the unit still sitting on the passenger seat (before routing to the glovebox and reassembling all trim). It was working well for 2 or 3 minutes, until I started getting loud crackling over my speakers, and then all of my dash lights started flashing. Now I am getting every type of warning light on my dash (problem with steering, problem with brake system, etc.) and my car won't start. I am 100% certain that I made all connections properly (including the reverse wire, which I tested with a multimeter as instructed).

Please help!

I ended up jumping my car and all is working again. I still need to finish and tune the install and try all of the features, but it seems to be working reasonably well (connected via Bluetooth, using Carplay with Google Maps and Music). I'm wondering if this is typical, that it drains the battery very quickly while the car is in auxiliary mode?

Comment

The VLine only consumes around 0.3A when fully running, whereas a single head bulb can draw up to 5A and the AC System in the vehicle can draw 15-20A. Most likely this was simply the vehicle being in Accessory for too long and draining the battery. If the Accessory drains the battery in under a few minutes, I would suggest getting the battery tested or checking the age of the battery to see if it's due for replacement. If you are testing Accessory longer than a few minutes, there is a good chance the battery will die and I would suggest using a Battery Trickle Charger.

Thanks,
      Heath
      GROM Audio

Comment

Working...
      X