09 CTSV No Audio during calls and screen issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 09 CTSV No Audio during calls and screen issue

I installed and updated the VL2 and most things are working great. 2 things are not. 1. Whrn I long press on the screen it goes black and then comes back and cycles this way continuously until I stop touching it. 2. When I receive a call in AA and answer it the person can hear me fine but I can't hear anything even with the volume turned all the way up. The volume doesn't seem to be separate for AA music and phone calls either.

Any tips or suggestions?

Glad to hear most things are working great, and we can fix those 2 issues you mentioned:

1. For the GM vehicles, we jam the touchscreen signals while the VLine is displaying. This stops them from passing through the VLine Display and causing buttons to be pressed on the factory interface in the background. This jamming of the touch signals to the factory system will build up over 3-4 seconds and cause the radio to do a quick reset. Unfortunately this is how GM made the radio system and we cannot do anything about it if you are using the touchscreen.

2. We do not support calls via Android Auto at this time. You will need to connect your phone to the factory Bluetooth/Handsfree for Calls only and then Android Auto and Factory Handsfree will work seamlessly for calls. Here is a video showing this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjV0bFsvhtY

Thanks,
    Heath
    GROM Audio

Comment

I have a similar issue with my 2012 CTSV Coupe. I installed the VL2, and everything seemed to work fine. Then the next day when I got in the car and started it up, the Nav screen went white and after a few seconds the right side of the screen would have blue lines from top to bottom and progress a bit before "blinking" and starting the process again. It acts like it is stuck in a boot loop. When this happens, changing audio source does nothing on the screen but you can tell it changed because you can hear the music playing and the steering wheel controls work, it is just the screen that is out, or rather white. When I put it in reverse, there is no backup camera on the screen.

Now the strange thing. If I shut the car off and wait a while and start it back up, same thing happens, white screen. The only way I have found to fix it is to pull the radio fuse for a few seconds and then reinstall the fuse. If I do this, everything is fine, and all works correctly. The screen will continue to function correctly after multiple start-ups and shutdowns throughout the rest of the day.

The following day however, the first start-up of the day, the screen never fully boots and goes white again. It will remain this way until I once again pull the radio fuse and reinstall the fuse. Then I regain functionality.

Any idea why this is happening and why after sitting overnight it will not "boot up" unless I pull the fuse and reinstall it?
      Last edited by Mainewolf1369; 07-14-2023, 06:40 PM.

Comment

With the GM1 Vehicles, we did have an older firmware that was released for a short period that caused the VLine to stop waking up properly.

These issues have been resolved with the latest firmware version 27, which can be downloaded via WiFi. You will need the VLine appearing on the screen to update, so below is how to get the VLine back working:
        1. Unplug the VLine for 5 minutes
        2. Turn the vehicle on
        3. Plug the VLine in
        4. Wait 10-30 seconds
        5. Enter the AUX source on the radio

After that, the VLine should appear. If it does, below are the steps to update the firmware and resolve the issue:
        1. Connect to WiFi (Settings -> Network & Internet -> WiFi)
        2. Check for Updates (Settings -> System -> VLine System Updates -> Check for Updates)

Thanks,
        Heath
        GROM Audio

Comment

Working...
        X