No announcement yet.

Sound Quality Got Worse After VT2 Installment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contact our technical team at https://gromaudio.com/support.html We will help!

Comment

I'm thinking on getting a VT2 for my 2021 LC200 and came here after I saw a post on reddit mentioning poor audio quality with Grom VT2. Was this fixed or at least diagnosed? I'm planning on using android auto (not carplay) if it makes any difference. Thanks!

Comment

Yes the issue has been identified and fixed now. Thank you for checking.

Comment

I still notice the low bit-rate audio quality even after sending the unit back and them reporting that they did not find anything wrong with it, and them returning it. Even when I use wired carplay. This leads me to believe the audio processor is just set to low bitrate, similarly to how some bluetooth devices stream higher bitrate audio for media, but reduces to a lower muffled bitrate for calls to minimize latency. Is is possible that the audio is somehow stuck on the handsfree audio bitrate?

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
            Yes the issue has been identified and fixed now. Thank you for checking.
            That is great to know, can you please share details? At least when/how it was fixed. Was it through a firmware update (which)?

Comment

Originally posted by cambo16 View Post
              I still notice the low bit-rate audio quality even after sending the unit back and them reporting that they did not find anything wrong with it, and them returning it. Even when I use wired carplay. This leads me to believe the audio processor is just set to low bitrate, similarly to how some bluetooth devices stream higher bitrate audio for media, but reduces to a lower muffled bitrate for calls to minimize latency. Is is possible that the audio is somehow stuck on the handsfree audio bitrate?
              I recommend you to get back to our technical team (if not done already), they will help.

Comment

admin has this been addressed in a patch? Audio seems better for me now.

Comment

Working...
                X