Car stereo removal guide: Audi A3 2008
Below are the general guidelines for connecting Grom iPod interface to the AUDI car stereo. This particular car is AUDI A3, stereo is Symphony II. The guide highlights using AUDS cable for non-prewired AUDI stereo and VW car stereo removal tools. Our posted car stereo removal instructions help with aftermarket adaptor install projects, iPod, XM, USB, Sirius, MP3, Bluetooth, video or audio when stereo removal is needed for installation.
Disclaimer: We are not liable for any damages acquired during your installation process. If you are not sure in your ability to perform the installation please seek the help of the professional.
- Turn off the car ignition.
- Insert 4 tools in the horizontal slots as shown on the picture below.
- Using the tools carefully pull the stereo out.
- Take a look at the back of the stereo. On its right hand side you will see the wires coming from the stereo. Locate black solid rectangular (shown on the picture below) connector and unplug it carefully from the stereo
- Take the AUDS cable, connect it with the red female connector to the rectangular harness that you just unplugged from the stereo.
- Plug red and green ends of the AUDS cable to the CD changer port on AUDI stereo as shown below.
- Take vehicle specific harness VAGS and connect it to the empty slot that is left after you plug-in AUDS cable.
- Clean from PVC the end of the single black wire on VAGS vehicle cable. Properly GROUND it to the car stereo chassis. Make sure that the wire is securely attached to the car stereo body metal part.
- Connect the other end of VAGS cable to the GROM black box, place the box inside the dashboard.
- Guide the iPod cable (or AUX RCA, USB cables if you have GROM-AUX adapter or GROM-USB adapter) through the dashboard out.
- You can place the iPod in the center console cup compartment or where it is more comfortable for you.
- Test your iPod adapter before you put the stereo back!
- If everything is working as it should - carefully place the stereo back until it snaps to its place. If not - see troubleshooting section in your User Manual.
All material and content are property of gromaudio.com and (or) www.indashpc.org The material and content on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not modify, duplicate, reproduce, publish, upload, transmit, or distribute in any way (including by way of email, facsimile or other electronic means) material and content from this site, unless specified, without written permission from gromaudio.com. You may download certain content or materials on specified pages from this site for personal, non-commercial use only. All other logos, banners, and certain content not affiliated or owned by gromaudio.com is the sole property of the rightful owner.