Wireless CarPlay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless CarPlay

Even the icon of Apple CarPlay is green color, it won’t bring my full iPhone screen on the screen of my 2007 Lexus gx470. When I go to settings it said phone is paired, press to connect and then said looking for CarPlay li, then said paired again, but won’t bring the full screen. Please help.

Can you post of photo of what it does show when you click the Green CarPlay Icon?

Can you let us know what version the VLine is on?

To find what version you are on:
    Settings -> System -> VLine System Updates -> Installed Version (We need the information next to "VBase" and "VCore")

Thanks!

Comment

I am having the same issue just started yesterday. Was working on the drive to somewhere and has stopped working and won’t work ever since. I had this issue a month ago and did a software update and it fixed everything now the issue is back.

Comment

This is what it shows but won’t work

Comment

"Waiting on CarPlay UI" means it's communicating with the phone but for some reason it cannot get access to CarPlay.

I would recommend unpairing the phone from the VLine via Bluetooth and then resetting the Bluetooth/WiFi Settings on the VLine:
          Settings -> Network & Internet -> 3 Dots in the Upper Right -> Reset WiFi/Bluetooth/Mobile

Once you have done that, please follow this video to ensure all permissions are given for the Bluetooth Connection:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWyWPk8cSZ8

Let us know if the same issue persists after those steps.

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks heath the fix ended up being just rebooting the vline. Thanks again for the help on the phone as well

Comment

This exact same issue is happening to me as well in my 2015 GTR. I’ve rebooted the VL2, updated firmware and software, reset all wireless connectivity, rebooted some more and it still hangs at the waiting for UI to work. it seems to run into these issues with Bluetooth. I can connect via WiFi just fine. Was working a week ago. Any other ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by lopezdg@gmail.com View Post
                This exact same issue is happening to me as well in my 2015 GTR. I’ve rebooted the VL2, updated firmware and software, reset all wireless connectivity, rebooted some more and it still hangs at the waiting for UI to work. it seems to run into these issues with Bluetooth. I can connect via WiFi just fine. Was working a week ago. Any other ideas?
                Did you do any resent iPhone update? It might mess the CarPlay.

Comment

Yes, apple just released an update to the IOS. I made sure everything is updated to the latest release. I reset the wireless. I’ve rebooted. Now I’m thinking about a factory reset. It just hangs at waiting for UI.

Comment

The latest Apple iOS update caused disturbance to CarPlay integration. We recommend wait for the iOS next update, usually they release patches quickly. You can also try factory reset of the VLine. If the problem will persist, please contact our technical team at https://gromaudio.com/support.html

Comment

I factory reset the VLINE and it started working, thanks!

Comment

Thank you for reporting to us!

Comment

Where is the Factory Reset option listed? Can't find it in the menus and don't seem to see any instructions anywhere on this website either. I have tried everything except that with no luck, Apple carplay still not working. Just had the unit installed in my 2008 Infiniti G37 last Saturday. Carplay worked flawlessly for about 24 hours then just stopped.

Comment

To do the factory reset, go as follows:

Go to Settings > System > Reset options > Erase all data (factory reset) > RESET TABLET > ERASE EVERYTHING.

Comment

yooo if anyone is have this problem this is what worked for me. disconnect everything. complete the pairing throught your phone, dont hit the access contacts bs on the grom. Just reseting the unit and reconnecting through the phone only worked for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X