Doubts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doubts...

I have two doubts that someone here may be able to help me resolve.
    Two weeks ago I have installed a Vline VL2 to a 2009 Toyota Land Cruiser, initial setup was completed correctly and my mobile hooked up through Bluetooth to use Android Auto.
    The two functions below worked fine, until the VL2 froze. Then, after unfreezing it by unplugging the cables, the two functions stopped working.

#1. Contrary to what the documentation stated, I was able to make the phone work through Android Auto. After the freeze the controls work, but the voice remains on the phone and doesn´t get transferred over to the VL2. Any idea why ?

#2 Before the freeze, while in VL2 mode, the screen switched to the rear camera upon selecting reverse, but by returning to drive the screen returned to the VL2 screen, while after the freeze it returns to the OEM system map view instead. Did I miss a setting somewhere ?

Thanks for any help

Hello,

1. The Android Auto on the VLine does not support phone calls. The phone connects to the factory stereo for the calls and to VLine for the media. You can initiate, accept, or reject the phone call using Android Auto, but the actual call goes through the factory car stereo. Here is how to:
    https://youtu.be/OjV0bFsvhtY

2. To return back to VLine after the reverse and not to the back of the stereo, we enabled it within the settings. To get that while in VLine main user interface (not Android Auto), press on the Sandwich menu at the upper left corner. Then go to Settings -> Return to VLine after Reverse

Sandwich -> Settings -> Return to VLine after Reverse

Comment

So you are saying that the fact that the audio doesn´t get transferred to the car speakerphone is not a VL2 problem ? I will try to reset the connections then.

Comment

Originally posted by fcigoj View Post
        So you are saying that the fact that the audio doesn´t get transferred to the car speakerphone is not a VL2 problem ? I will try to reset the connections then.
        Correct, you need to connect to the factory stereo Bluetooth for the phone calls, and to the GROM VLine for the other functions of your phone (such as Media).

Comment

Working...
        X