2011 ISF - audio cuts out / no mic / no rearview parking sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 ISF - audio cuts out / no mic / no rearview parking sensors

2011 ISF w/ ML & Nav. Installed per directions.

Android Auto will launch, BT connection with phone seems good, all Android Auto apps and functions like Waze, Spotify, etc. seem to be fine. But, every single time I'm out with the car, it might be 5 minutes, it might be 30 minutes - in the middle of playback, the audio will just stop coming through. Track progress on Spotify, for example, will still show the file/playlist and playing. Just no audio.

I have tried:
    - Resetting the unit
    - Resetting my phone
    - Factory reset of GROM unit
    - Backing out of "GROM mode" and into factory car audio, FM/AM/SAT all work fine, audio coming thru the system - once I hit DISC/AUX and go back to GROM, no audio.

At the same time, the external mic that I plugged in to the GROM unit will no longer respond. It seems to coincide w/ no audio, but at other times I've gotten audio, but the mic isn't working.

Third thing I've noticed is my rearview camera in reverse now shows an "X'd" out set of rearview sensors. Front sensors seem to work just fine.

Any help is appreciated, otherwise I'd like to just RMA.

-Chris

Hello Chris,
    1. Check for the latest firmware update and apply it to the VLine, if available. To do so you will need to:
    a. Connect VLine VL2 system to the internet such as your smartphone hotspot or home Wi-Fi. Tap on the "Support" app on the VLine main screen, locate "How to connect to Wi-Fi" and follow the steps.
    b. Once the VLine VL2 system is connected to the internet, go to "Support" app again, locate "How to check for the Updates", tap on that and follow to the guidelines.

If there are firmware and software updates are available, please go ahead and apply them to the unit.

See if that will help to resolve the problem.

2. If after the update the problem is still persists, contact our technical team at https://gromaudio.com/support.html They will help.

Here is the video that explains how to update the firmware on the VLine VL2 system:

https://youtu.be/UrQ2TWJ5v1Q

Comment

Working...
    X