CarPlay spoken directions volume can’t be adjusted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CarPlay spoken directions volume can’t be adjusted

How can I adjust the route guidance volume when using CarPlay. I have an iPhone running ios16. Never had this problem until recently. Updated Vline and iPhone to latest. Now the Apple/Google Maps/Waze spoken directions are so quiet I can’t hear them. All other CarPlay systems I have, I just have to adjust the volume WHEN the navigation is speaking- but this doesn’t work with the Vline2. It just changes all the volume. So when it is done speaking, my music / podcast is extremely loud. Very irritating, as now GPS via CarPlay is worthless.

No way to do this or a fix? Had it for almost a year and it seemed fine before, maybe a new bug?

Comment

If your VLine is fully updated, then you can find this option in the "CarPlay Settings" screen on the VLine. To access "CarPlay Settings", simply click the CarPlay Icon on the VLine Home Screen while it is greyed out.

Once in the "CarPlay Settings" you will find a Volume Mixer option for the different audio from the phone. If they are all set to 100%, then I'd recommend lowering the others until the navigation seems to be at the right volume.

If you do not have this option in the "CarPlay Settings", most likely you need to update the software. Here is how to do that:
      1. Connect to WiFi (Settings -> Network & Internet -> WiFi)
      2. Check for Updates (Settings -> System -> VLine System Updates -> Check for Updates)

Thanks,
      Heath
      GROM Audio

Comment

There is a setting in iPhone to control music volume and audio for iPhones and when toggling it on then off (if it was off) or off if it was on has fixed a few different scenarios now. The setting is called "Sound Check"

Sound Check can be found by going into the iPhone and going to SETTINGS -> MUSIC -> SOUND CHECK. It's job is to essentially change audio levels depending on where the iPhone is seeing audio come from.

Try to toggle it "Off", or if it is already "Off" - turn it "On" and then back "Off", and see if that will help.

Comment

Working...
        X