Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CarPlay Audio Sounds Really Bad When Using Phone

Hello:

Just got the unit installed in my 2012 Lexus ES350 and am using wireless CarPlay with my iPhone 12Pro. I have the VLine microphone installed but when I make calls the person on their other end says I sound far away, muffled and its hard to understand what I'm saying. They have told me that the stock microphone that comes with the car sounds way better than the VLine/CarPlay microphone which is extremely disappointing since I thought this would be a huge audio upgrade in addition to the software upgrade.

Here's what I've done to try to address it:
    1. Adjusted the Mic gain in settings - Have tried from around 30 all the way up to about 90 - and its not really any better
    2. On my phone when in a call I've turned off Voice Isolation and set it to Standard (person said it was slightly better but still not great)
    3. Checked and installed the latest software on the VLine
    4. Removed the BT connection on vehicle default software.
    Am I doing anything wrong here? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Well was able to get some help from customer support and dialing the gap up to 65 seems to have helped tremendously with the audio quality. Thanks Sean!

Comment

Sorry if I’m being dense but what does dialing the gap up to 65 mean? I’m having the same sound quality issue and would love to resolve it.
      Thanks!

Comment

yes, customer support was one of the good options.

Comment

Working...
        X