Scroll buttons disappeared for Android Auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scroll buttons disappeared for Android Auto

With the latest firmware and software updates the scroll buttons have disappeared for Android Auto. This means I can't scroll through lists making it a bit hard to use the application launcher or go through a list of search results in Google Maps for example. Prior to this there were prominent up and down arrows. The nature of the touch screen of our vehicle (2007 Toyota Prius) does not allow dragging screen elements so the up/down arrows were crucial. Is this something Google did or something that was miss-configured in this latest update?

Is it possible to send us a photo of this issue?

We have not seen this issue from other customers and I just tested 3 different Android Phones here on a similar radio, and could not replicate the issue.

It seems it could possibly be something on the phone side, so I would recommend checking to see if your phone has any updates.

Thanks,
    Heath
    GROM Audio

Comment

Very much so happening in Google Maps and as recent as Friday. Phone (Pixel 7 Pro) has all of the most recent updates and is running the latest Android and Google Maps versions. See video here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/XKNKiGArywEDt2ua8

If there is a setting I can change somewhere I would be more than happy to adjust since this is a bit crippling when trying to use Google Maps.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
        Is it possible to send us a photo of this issue?

We have not seen this issue from other customers and I just tested 3 different Android Phones here on a similar radio, and could not replicate the issue.

It seems it could possibly be something on the phone side, so I would recommend checking to see if your phone has any updates.

Thanks,
        Heath
        GROM Audio
        Any progress on finding the problem? The last few updates have not fixed this issue.

Comment

Bump. Would really like an update or comment from Grom Audio on this. Really reduces the usefulness of Google Maps.

Comment

We looked further into this and unfortunately we cannot do anything to resolve it.

This is Google/Android Auto that took away the scrolling arrows and did not leave any way for us to enable them.

This will have to be fixed by Google.

Thanks,
            Heath
            GROM Audio

Comment

Yeah figured as much. I've managed to work around the issue as much as possible and was waiting for confirmation that it's Google Maps at fault here before doing anything else. I've now submitted relevant feedback through the Google Maps app. Thanks.

Comment

Just want to reply back that somehow I'm able to touch scroll on the screen after one of the last firmware updates. Not sure if something changed, but if you did improve something with the touchscreen interaction then thank you. All is well now and I can get to all of the areas on the screen I couldn't before.

Comment

Working...
                X