Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dashlinq and knob helper become unstable after the update

Hi,
    I updated the VL2 (HON3VL2) to the new version and the unit reboots itself randomly sometimes. Bluetooth also randomly turned off after ignition. Also the Dashlinq and knobhelper interface crashes very often. I often see the android message about "dashlinq keeps stopping" and "dashlinq has stopped". Is Grom aware of this problem? Would there be a fix some time soon?

Edit: Just to update, with software ver .49 the unit has been very stable!
    Last edited by numb3rs; 11-05-2021, 01:13 PM.
    Product: HON3VL2 on Acura TLX

I’m having the same the problem too the unit keeps rebooting non stop through out my driving. I send a request on via the page but no reply so I went back on a closed case I open a while back and they said they are aware of the issue and that their development team are looking into it. I hope they find a solution it’s driving me nuts.
    Last edited by Madmikexo; 07-21-2021, 05:13 AM.

Comment

We got few reports from the users, and the development team is working on the update. Please expect it to become available in 1-2 days.

Comment

Newest update did not help it. It happens once in a while. Dashlinq crashed and restart itself. Sometimes knobhelper crashed and I have no way to control the unit. Also, everytime I restart the unit in the setting menu I got it as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	221143604_534447731308179_7338723242422558223_n.jpg
Views:	547
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	177
        Click image for larger version

Name:	222471035_185667770270632_8133073424979060600_n.jpg
Views:	543
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	174
        Attached Files

Comment

Mine doesn’t show the crash it justo goes black then it restarts again

Comment

What happen to the update?

Comment

Mine as well- bluetooth doesn't turn on at start up, audio doesn't work at times, crashes while driving, gets stuck/no response while navigating menus. I think I may have to return the device- it's really unstable and almost unusable. It's awesome when it works though, but that's about 40% of the time.

Comment

We are still looking into the cause of the difficulty. As of now it affects the HON3 models only. Please temporarily downgrade the firmware to the version 27th. You can download v. 27 firmware here:

https://gromaudio.com/software-vl1.html

Please carefully follow to the firmware update instructions, make sure that the USB stick you use is formatted into FAT or FAT32 system. Make sure that you perform the update exactly as it is shown on the page. It should resolve the issues.

Comment

Originally posted by admin View Post
                  We are still looking into the cause of the difficulty. As of now it affects the HON3 models only. Please temporarily downgrade the firmware to the version 27th. You can download v. 27 firmware here:

https://gromaudio.com/software-vl1.html

Please carefully follow to the firmware update instructions, make sure that the USB stick you use is formatted into FAT or FAT32 system. Make sure that you perform the update exactly as it is shown on the page. It should resolve the issues.
                  Thank you for the update. In the website it says VLine1. Is it the firmware for Vline2?

Comment

Originally posted by numb3rs View Post

Thank you for the update. In the website it says VLine1. Is it the firmware for Vline2?
                    Yes the FW is for VLine2.
                    Thank you.

Comment

Just to update, rolling back to firmware 7.27 fixed the issue
                      also with software ver .49 the unit has been very stable!

Comment

Originally posted by numb3rs View Post
                        Just to update, rolling back to firmware 7.27 fixed the issue
                        also with software ver .49 the unit has been very stable!
                        Thank you for the update!

Comment

Working...
                        X