GROM Firmware Here you can download the latest version of firmware for your GROM-VL1 interface.
All GROM kits are shipped with the latest available firmware. Please DO NOT update the firmware unless you were instructed to do so by one of our tech specialists.
To apply the firmware do the following :
- Rename file to gromvl1.hex
- Put the file on a USB stick into the root of the drive (as shown on top left)
- Turn on the ignition and wait until you see DashLinQ loaded
- Attach USB stick with firmware to the USB2 port (lower port)
- DashLinQ will prompt you to update the firmware (see left) if it finds it different from what's installed already
- Press YES button to update the firmware, wait 10 seconds
- Turn ignition off, wait for VLine to sleep and then turn the ignition on to recognize the new firmware
- If you experience any problems check Troubleshooting below
There is no need to install all intermediate versions of firmware to apply all fixes. Simply install the latest version and it will include all changes from previous versions