Car stereo removal guide: Jeep Liberty 2006
Below are the general guidelines for connecting Grom iPod interface to the Jeep Liberty car stereo. Our posted car stereo removal instructions help with aftermarket adaptor install projects, iPod, XM, Sirius, MP3, Bluetooth, video or audio when stereo removal is needed for installation.
Disclaimer: We are not liable for any damages acquired during your installation process. If you are not sure in your ability to perform the installation please seek the help of the professional.
If you feel lazy to read the article check out the new installation 2 mins video which explains things step by step...
- Turn off the car ignition.
- Locate the small screw at the bottom of the front panel. (p.2)
- Unscrew with the screwdriver.
- Gently pull the front panel and open it (p.4).
- Locate 4 screws at the 4 corners of the stereo.
- Unscrew them and gently pull the stereo out.
- Locate the CD changer port at the back of the stereo (p.6)
- Connect the vehicle specific cable to the CD changer port of the stereo and to the GROM iPod adapter
- Test to make sure that the GROM iPod adapter is recognized by car stereo. You should see CDC1 TRK1, change the tracks using 'SEEK' button.
- Disconnect the vehicle cable from the CD changer port and direct it through the hole in the glove box (p.8)
- Connect the vehicle cable back, connect the iPod and place GROM iPod adapter and iPod inside the glove box (or you can place in any locations that are comfortable for you.
- Repeat steps 2-6 backward.
- Start using your iPod!
All material and content are property of gromaudio.com and (or) www.indashpc.org The material and content on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not modify, duplicate, reproduce, publish, upload, transmit, or distribute in any way (including by way of email, facsimile or other electronic means) material and content from this site, unless specified, without written permission from gromaudio.com. You may download certain content or materials on specified pages from this site for personal, non-commercial use only. All other logos, banners, and certain content not affiliated or owned by gromaudio.com is the sole property of the rightful owner.