Car stereo removal and GROM iPod / AUX adapter installation guide: MAZDA CX-7 2008
Below are the general guidelines for connecting Grom iPod / GROM AUX / Car2PC interface to the MAZDA CX-7 car stereo. Our posted car stereo removal instructions help with aftermarket adaptor install projects, iPod, XM, Sirius, MP3, Bluetooth, video or audio when stereo removal is needed for installation.
Disclaimer: We are not liable for any damages acquired during your installation process. If you are not sure in your ability to perform the installation please seek the help of the professional.
If you feel lazy to read the article check out the new installation's 3 mins video which explains things step by step...
- Turn off the car ignition.
- Remove small black plastic car stereo insert
- gently remove the whole piece of stereo trim.
- There are 4 strews on the sides of the stereo (4 on each side). Unscrew all.
- Gently pull the stereo out.
- Take the MAZ02 connector that comes with your GROM or Car2PC adapter
- Connect it to the CD changer port located at the back of the stereo.
- Guide the MAZ02 cable to the middle of console
- Connect the other side of MAZ02 cable to the GROM black box or Car2PC black box
- Test the interface to make sure that everything works as it should. Press the CD button and you will see Disk EX 1 on the stereo.
- Connect the iPod cable to the GROM black box, connect it to the iPod and test the music files.
- Now when you are sure that everything works guide the iPod cable to the glove box through the hole between glove box and car stereo.
- You can also choose to guide the iPod cable differently.
- Repeat the steps 5-2 backward to complete the installation.
- Enjoy your ride!
All material and content are property of gromaudio.com and (or) www.indashpc.org The material and content on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not modify, duplicate, reproduce, publish, upload, transmit, or distribute in any way (including by way of email, facsimile or other electronic means) material and content from this site, unless specified, without written permission from gromaudio.com. You may download certain content or materials on specified pages from this site for personal, non-commercial use only. All other logos, banners, and certain content not affiliated or owned by gromaudio.com is the sole property of the rightful owner.