GROM SmartScan(TM) Bluetooth OBD II Dongle currently works with Android and Windows phones and tablets only.
Not all OBDII Dongles are equal. GROM SmartScan(TM) Diagnostic Tool works on all vehicles located in the USA 1996 and newer.
It supports most existing protocols, including CAN protocols. Check supported OBDII protocols under Specs tab.
GROM SmartScan(TM) OBDII scan tool will allow you to fix simple problems yourself.
With SmartScan OBD2 Tool you can find out why your check engine light is on before visiting the mechanic.
You will be able to read and clear diagnostic trouble codes (both generic and manufacturer specific DTCs), turn off the Check Engine Light and
display current sensor readings using your phone or tablet (with the appropriate app).What SmartScan(TM) Diagnostic tool can do:
- 1.Read diagnostic trouble codes, both generic and manufacturer-specific, and display their meaning (over 3000 generic code definitions in the database).
- 2.Clear trouble codes and turn off the MIL ("Check Engine" light)
- 3.Display current sensor data, including:
- - Engine RPM;
- - Calculated Load Value;
- - Coolant Temperature;
- - Fuel System Status;
- - Vehicle Speed;
- - Short Term Fuel Trim
- - Long Term Fuel Trim
- - Intake Manifold Pressure
- - Timing Advance
- - Intake Air Temperature
- - Air Flow Rate
- - Absolute Throttle Position
- - Oxygen sensor voltages/associated short term fuel trims
- - Fuel System status
- - Fuel Pressure
Your vehicle to be OBDII compliant must have a 16-pin DLC (Data Link Connector) under the dash, and the
Vehicle Emission Control Information Label must state that the vehicle is OBDII compliant.How to use:
Plug in the device, turn the ignition key to "ON" (or start your vehicle), connect to your phone and turn on the compatible OBDII scan tool app. Recommend Apps:
DashCommand, Engine Link, EOBD Facile, OBD Fusion and Torque Lite/Pro for Android on Google Play.
- 1.SAE J1850 PWM(41.6Kbaud)
- 2.SAE J1850 VPW(10.4Kbaud)
- 3.ISO9141-2(5 baud init,10.4Kbaud)
- 4.ISO14230-4 KWP(5 baud init,10.4 Kbaud)
- 5.ISO14230-4 KWP(fast init,10.4 Kbaud)
- 6.ISO15765-4 CAN(11bit ID,500 Kbaud)
- 7.ISO15765-4 CAN(29bit ID,500 Kbaud)
- 8.ISO15765-4 CAN(11bit ID,250 Kbaud)
- 9.ISO15765-4 CAN(29bit ID,250 Kbaud)
- A.SAE J1939 CAN(29bit ID,250*Kbaud)
- B.USER1 CAN(11*bit ID,125*Kbaud)
- C.USER2 CAN(11*bit ID,50*kbaud)
OBDII SmartScan(TM) Dongle